Naturmade CharcoTabs Activated Charcoal 200mg 60 Caps
Naturmade CharcoTabs Activated Charcoal contains Naturmade’s Activated Charcoal, which is a class-leading, pharmaceutical grade charcoal (medical registration pending), with the highest activation level on the market. An iodine absorption test is used to measure activation of charcoal, and while most have an iodine number of 800, Naturmade’s Activated Charcoal ranges from 1200 in tabs, and 1500 in caps, which means quicker results, on a substantially lower dosage.
Naturmade’s Activated Charcoal is incredibly effective at relieving bloating, indigestion, food poisoning or allergic reactions to food. It can do this because of its microscopically porous and highly absorbent surface, which enables Activated Charcoal to suck up poisons and gases, such as amines, peptotoxins of decomposed foods, bacterial toxins, nitrogenous and organic wastes, carbon dioxide, and methane, in your stomach and intestine. These damaging substances are absorbed by the porous surfaces of these tiny charcoal particles and escorted through to the evacuation of the bowel. Activated Charcoal is not digested or dissolved by the acids or alkalis of the digestive tract and therefore is not assimilated into the bloodstream, rendering it entirely non-toxic.
Naturmade activated charcoal is the only medicinal grade charcoal available in South Africa. When you buy activated charcoal, make sure that the raw materials used were not intended for industrial use and that a well-defined manufacturing procedure was followed. If not, a product may be contaminated by metals and other chemicals, and the activation may differ from batch to batch.
- Antidote to Poisoning: As an emergency antidote to swallowed poisons, activated charcoal is without equal among known and commonly used absorbents. It is an antidote in practically all swallowed poisons.
- Mild to severe Food Poisoning: Nausea, vomiting, foul-smelling eructation (burping), cramps, rumbling in the intestines and diarrhoea are some of the symptoms of food poisoning. Naturmade’s CharcoCaps and CharcoTabs absorb any offending substances and can stop symptoms in under an hour.
- Drug Overdose: Naturmade’s CharcoCaps and CharcoTabs can absorb drugs that have been ingested. If taken immediately after the drug has been swallowed, it will absorb enough to prevent many toxic side effects.
No artificial preservatives, synthetic fragrances, phosphates, petrochemicals, chlorine or bleaches were used, and no animals were harmed to make this product.
Activated Charcoal 200mg, Sucrose 92mg, Lactose 92mg, Sodium Carboxymethlcellulose 14.3mg, Magnesium Stearate 1.5mg.
- As a general daily detox agent: Take 1-6 tablets or 1-4 capsules daily with a glass of water.
- Stomach Ache, Food Poisoning: 4-6 tablets or 2-4 capsules taken immediately and an additional two tablets every 6 hours after that, or until the symptoms subside.
- Hangover: While not a cure for a hangover, taking charcoal after a night out, before falling asleep and as soon as you wake up, will serve to ‘soak’ up the residue and toxins left over from alcohol consumption. Take seven tablets or 5 capsules before sleep and another seven tablets or 5 capsules upon waking. Drink up to 500ml of water at the same time.
- Diarrhoea: Research suggests that it may be useful for diarrhoea. Take 6-10 tablets or 5-8 capsules immediately and a further 4-6 tablets or 2-4 capsules every few hours or until symptoms subside.