Filtershop Gold Nano 5-Stage Under-Counter Filtration System
The Filtershop Gold Nano 5-Stage Under-Counter Filtration System is one of the most complete under the counter systems available and can be used with numerous source waters including municipal, borehole, river and rainwater. It has the ability to eliminate a large number of contaminants such as bacteria, virus, chlorine, rust and pesticides. Like Reverse Osmosis (RO) the Nanofiltration (NF) membrane removes calcium (also called lime or kalk) and about half the salt from water, however, unlike the RO membrane Nanofiltration preserves the minerals in the water. It is easy to maintain and is neatly installed under the kitchen counter and attached to the cold water supply. The system has both a bracket and a stand, so it can be wall-mounted or placed standing inside the cupboard under the counter.
- Stage 1: 10 Inch Sediment Filter (1 Micron) – Removes Particles, Dirt, Sand, Mud, Rust, and other large visible Particles in the water. At 1 micron you also start to capture some bacteria from the water.
- Stage 2: 10 Inch Premium KDF Cartridge – Absorbs Chlorine, Heavy Metals and Organic molecules (bad odours) from the water. The KDF also inhibits the Growth of bacteria on the cartridges, extending their life spans.
- Stage 3: 10 Inch 0.2 Micron Pleated Filtration Cartridge – 10″ 0.2 Micron Water Filter replaced the Ultra Filtration Membrane as it dramatically reduces flush times making the system quicker to install and easier to maintain. This filter takes the bacteria load off of the RO membrane, helping to extend its lifespan.
- Stage 4: Nano Filtration Membrane – Removes bacteria, viruses, pesticides, and herbicides. The Nano Membrane also reduces the mineral content by only half, preserving a lot of minerals in the water. The Nano will also remove Kalk / Hardness from the water.
- Stage 5: T33 taste and odour filter – Absorbs any organic molecules that come off of the Nano membrane.
Keep in mind
- The system has a water wastage rate of 1:1 due to constant flushing of the membrane, so for every 1 litre of clean, filtered water produced, 1 litre will be used to flush the system.
- A hole must be drilled into the kitchen counter to install the system’s tap. If this is not ideal, consider the Triple Direct Line 3-Stage Under-Counter Filtration System.
- The filters all have a certain lifespan and must be replaced to ensure that the system works effectively, specifically the Sediment filter, Granular Activated Carbon, Carbon block and T33 Carbon (Taste and odour filter) which must be changed every 6 months. The 6-month lifespan is only an estimate and depends on the quality of your municipal water source.
- An important thing to remember before installing any filtration systems is to check the pipe diameter feeding the tap. Standard household piping sizes are normally 1/2″ (12.7mm) or 3/4″ (19mm) thick. Some older houses have different pipe sizes and in such cases, a special attachment will be required to install the filter system.
- The Nano system requires a water pressure of between 3 and 6 bars (50 to 100 psi) to operate. If your water pressure is lower than 3 bar (- 50 psi), we recommend that you consider a booster pump.
- If your water source is of poor quality, you may want to consider the Gold Reverse Osmosis 6-Stage Under-Counter Filtration System.
- Minerals are too small to be removed by the filters in this filtration unit. Should this be a concern, you may want to consider the Gold Reverse Osmosis 6-Stage Under-Counter Filtration System.
- Maintenance is easy and low cost.
- Filtered water tastes and smells great.
- Promotes a healthy lifestyle.
- Hidden away out of sight, only a chrome tap is visible.
- Removes calcium (lime or kalk) from water.
- Flushing of the membrane is done automatically.
- Preserve the natural minerals in the water.
- Delivers up to 700 Liters of filtered water per day.
Items and components included in the price:
- Mounting bracket.
- 10″ Sediment Filter.
- 10″ Premium KDF Cartridge.
- 10″ 0.2 Micron Water Filter replaced the Ultra Filtration Membrane as it dramatically reduces flush times making the system quicker to install and easier to maintain. This filter takes the bacteria load off of the RO membrane, helping to extend it’s life span.
- Nano Filtration Membrane 1812.
- 1 Plastic housing spanner (special tool for replacing the filters).
- 1/4″ White Tubing.
- 3 x 10″ Filter Housings
- Membrane Housing.
- Buffer Tank.
- Chrome Tap.
- T33 Taste & Odour Filter.
- Pipe Fittings (Joints, Elbows, T-joints, Non-return valve, valves).
- Flow restrictor.
- Plastic Pressure Protection Valve
1 Year warranty excluding filter cartridges or damage due to pressure spikes or water hammer.